Terms and Conditions
We hope you enjoy visiting the Beyond Current Horizons website.
This website is provided by:
Access to and use of this site is provided by Futurelab Education (Futurelab) subject to the following terms:
- Using the Beyond Current Horizons website means you are bound by these terms and conditions. Do not use the website or its contents if you do not agree to this.
- Futurelab may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please check back regularly for updates.
- You may copy the written content on this website under Futurelab’s Open Access policy. Please see here for further information on this policy: www.futurelab.org.uk/policies/#open_access.
- The content and images (logos etc) provided on this site/linked to on/from this site are not always the property of Futurelab and are subject to their own licensing arrangements. Please read all licenses and adhere to their policies.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- The contents on this website, including the information, names, images, pictures, sound files, logos, icons, links to third party sites is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Under no circumstances will Futurelab Education be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Beyond Current Horizons resources regardless of the form of action.
- Futurelab Education provides no warranty that functions and features contained in this website content or links or suggested material provided on the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the web servers that make it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Contributions to Beyond Current Horizons
- Where you are invited to submit any contribution to this website you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Futurelab Education a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, and publish your contribution freely and without restriction. If you do not want to grant Futurelab Education the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to Futurelab Education. There is no guarantee that your contribution will be used.
Futurelab is committed to maintaining your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the UK’s Data Protection Act (1998), and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction. In order to respect your privacy, we manage personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act’s eight ‘Data Protection Principles’, namely:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
The data will not be disclosed to external organisations other than those acting as agents for Futurelab in accordance with our normal activities.